[User-committee] Details of public survey results

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 26 18:04:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in this data as well to improve the user documentation. Do
> you have any updates in this area?

No updates in this area right now, but I also want to be able to query the
data more easily, even if it's just for the user committee. I wanted to
pull some data the other day and didn't have an easy mechanism for doing so.

It seems we should be able to provide data dumps of public survey results.
Though for the foreseeable future it'll likely be easiest to ask the
committee for aggregate results for private data. Providing a tool that
queries this is hard without possibly leaking information, which would
quickly halt any future private survey results from coming in.

I think it would be helpful to have a seasoned analytics engineer available
to the user committee to help with this. Is there anyone from the community
that can help in this regard?

- Ryan