[User-committee] Targets for OpenStack summit

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Jan 9 09:48:12 UTC 2013

Ryan,

I would like to be able to get to the following

Framework

-          Defined mandate/scope for the user committee

-          Agreed structure and schedule for reporting to TC/MB

-          Initial set of additional members filling out the committee to
cover market segment and user geography representation

User Input

-          A simple user survey/poll to identify to profile the users/start
off the feedback and assemble it for the summit. Ideally, we'd be able to
get to something where we can see the production/test/development stages,
size of installations, components used, version run, pain points, etc. but
this may be ambitious. a CRM would allow some structure to avoid that we get
multiple responses per deployment

-          Have a panel session / discussion group at the summit presenting
the survey results and areas where we need input such as how to gather user
requirements and track deployments

Tim