[User-committee] Feedback from board on update

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Feb 12 21:32:25 UTC 2013

That covered just about what I heard, sound wasn't great, as I expected from
previous experience.

I was encouraged by the points raised. I'm fine to skip elections for a
while with the interest of getting going. My worrying in nominating people
is if we 3 have enough knowledge of the significant users. The user group
representatives, we can identify or ask the user groups to define (via
whatever mechanism). Industry representation is more difficult, maybe we ask
the board/TC for proposals. Just asking on the community mailing list might
not yield the right profiles.

In particular, the encouragement to get on with the survey and work on
user/instance profiling is a priority, even if we don't have the full bylaw
details worked out by the summit.

Tim