[Transparency] Transparency Committee - Quick meeting before Thursday?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 10:00:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 10:54 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 12:29 -0500, Lauren Sell wrote:
> > Hi everyone --
> >
> > Would it make sense to get together briefly so we have a proper update
> > for the board meeting?
> >
> > I would love to get the transparency policy wrapped up and circulated
> > to the Board, so we can approve it during this week's meeting (not
> > sure if it requires a vote), although there are still a few
> > dependencies with the mailing list/doc store and ombudsman plans. We
> > could always publish a v1 and update it once those items are complete.
> >
> > You can see the latest version of the policy here. I spent some time
> > responding to and resolving comments that were made when we originally
> > sent it out to the mailing list for feedback, but there are still a
> > few remaining questions we can discuss:
> > https://docs.google.com/a/openstack.org/document/d/1sGBtza-mjRXcDzFBSS9aUrYlAtu1se-eerHZN16DPyU/edit
>
> Nice work Lauren
>
> I left some comments inline, but I'm happy with the current state

Actually - a possible late addition

There's been some lengthy debate over email amongst the election
committee members over the past few days and I'm sad that there was such
a limited audience for the discussion.

Perhaps a policy that, by default, new committees should conduct their
business using a public mailing list - either co-opting an existing one,
or creating a new one.

i.e. just like the transparency committee has done? :)

Mark.