[Third-party-announce] Hitachi Manila HNAS CI has been disabled

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Mar 14 21:25:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017, at 02:12 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> This account was found to be creating thousands of connections to Gerrit
> effectively DoSing it. As a result the account was disabled.
>
> For anyone looking to reenable the account in the future, the account
> number is 17623. The operators of this CI account will want to determine
> why this was happening and correct it before we reenable the account
> though.

I now have more infos. It appears there are at least two more CI
accounts coming from this IP address (last octet is 193). I have thus
disabled Hitachi HBSD2 CI (16660) and Hitachi Manila HSP CI (22236) as
well. We will need to sort out what is causing all of these connections
to sit on Gerrit and correct that. Please let us know if you need more
help debugging (though info on our end is fairly sparse, just shows
these accounts associated with the IP, but not which specific account is
creating all of the connections).

Thanks,
Clark