[Third-party-announce] OpenDaylight CI Failing

Doug Wiegley dougw at a10networks.com
Fri Nov 21 17:16:24 UTC 2014

> On Nov 21, 2014, at 9:57 AM, Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 16:44 +0000, Doug Wiegley wrote:
>
>> I checked out their CI results, and it's behaving well enough that
>> gerrit access shouldn't be harmful.
>>
>> The test build can be seen off of this review:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136142/
>>
>> The only real issue that I saw was that the results link doesn't go to
>> a logs directory as defined here:
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronThirdPartyTesting#Log_.26_Test_Results_Filesystem_Layout
>
> Doug,
>
> Thanks for the link. If the current logs tarball was exploded out
> directly on the Jenkins archive links would that be better? Kyle, you
> may want to consider modifying the final log archival composition of the
> job.

I think the common thing to do is to have a post-build step that dumps your artifacts onto a generic web server somewhere, with on-the-fly decompression enabled if you want to store .gz's, and then link to that directory in gerrit, instead of linking to jenkins.

For example, this:

http://jenkins.a10cloud.com/job/a10-neutron-tempest/lastSuccessfulBuild/

... becomes a link to this:

http://ci.a10cloud.com/logs/a10-neutron-tempest/136248/7/5114/