[release-announce] ironic-python-agent 8.5.0 (yoga)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Wed Mar 23 14:50:38 UTC 2022

We are satisfied to announce the release of:

ironic-python-agent 8.5.0: Ironic Python Agent Ramdisk

This release is part of the yoga release series.

The source is available from:

    https://opendev.org/openstack/ironic-python-agent

Download the package from:

    https://tarballs.openstack.org/ironic-python-agent/

Please report issues through:

    https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/openstack/ironic-
python-agent

For more details, please see below.

8.5.0
^^^^^

New Features
************

* Adds support for express cleaning mode where hardware-assisted,
  fast and secure data erasure is performed on NVMe devices that
  support it, while other devices fall back to erase_devices_metadata.
  The goal of this feature is to enable express node cleaning in
  environments with hybrid storage configuration (e.g. NVMe + HDD).

Bug Fixes
*********

* In case the CSV file used for the bootloader hint does not have
  BOM we fail reading its content as utf-16 codec is too generic. Fail
  over to utf-16-le as Little Endian is mostly used.

* Fixes handling of a Partition UUID being returned instead of a
  Partition's UUID when the OS may not return the Partition's UUID in
  time. These two fields are typically referred to as PARTUUID and
  UUID, respectively. Often these sorts of issues arise under heavy IO
  load. We now scan, and identify which "UUID" we identified, and
  update a Linux fstab entry appropriately. For more information,
  please see story #2009881
  (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2009881).

* Adds device rescan operation after partitioning the root device to
  ensure that updated UUIDs are reflected correctly

Changes in ironic-python-agent 8.4.0..8.5.0

c5f7f18 Improve efficiency of storage cleaning in mixed media envs
99ca108 Create fstab entry with appropriate label
96673b1 Add non-voting dib CentOS Stream 9 job
697fa6f Use utf-16-le if BOM not present
48f30ab Stop defaulting the standalone job to netboot; use the correct boot mode
f1ee454 Add `mount` and `parted -l` to the collected commands
3d3df17 Refactor efi_utils for easier maintaining and debugging
4d16ea4 Run partx in verbose mode to simplify debugging
a83f384 Move prepare_boot_partitions_for_softraid to raid_utils
fa70a19 Rescan device after filesystem creation
56c20a7 CI: be explicit that the jobs are using the DIB ramdisk

Diffstat (except docs and test files)
-------------------------------------

ironic_python_agent/efi_utils.py                   | 145 +++++------
ironic_python_agent/extensions/image.py            | 172 ++++---------
ironic_python_agent/hardware.py                    |  95 +++++++-
ironic_python_agent/partition_utils.py             |   3 +
ironic_python_agent/raid_utils.py                  | 118 +++++++++
ironic_python_agent/utils.py                       |   4 +-
...add-erase-devices-express-1df107c75f2b3627.yaml |   8 +
.../notes/detect-endianness-f53a6c4571aba3fe.yaml  |   6 +
...handle-partuuid-for-fstab-e0aadea20a056982.yaml |  10 +
.../rescan-device-after-mkfs-3f9d52a2e3b6fff3.yaml |   5 +
zuul.d/ironic-python-agent-jobs.yaml               |   4 +-
zuul.d/project.yaml                                |   2 +