[release-announce] oslo.utils 3.36.5 (rocky)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Thu Jan 9 20:38:38 UTC 2020

We contentedly announce the release of:

oslo.utils 3.36.5: Oslo Utility library

This release is part of the rocky stable release series.

The source is available from:

    https://opendev.org/openstack/oslo.utils

Download the package from:

    https://pypi.org/project/oslo.utils

Please report issues through:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.utils/+bugs

For more details, please see below.

3.36.5
^^^^^^

Security Issues
***************

* This patch ensures that we mask sensitive data when masking dicts,
  even if the case doesn't match. This means the behaviour of
  mask_password and mask_dict_password is now the same.

* Additional password names were included from real world logs that
  contained sensitive information.

* This patch ensures we actually mask sensitive data, even if case
  doesn't match the static entry we have in the patterns.

* It also ensures that some fancy names with a common base, but
  added number are actually taken care of.

Bug Fixes
*********

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1850843

Changes in oslo.utils 3.36.4..3.36.5
------------------------------------

c49a426 Make mask_dict_password case insensitive and add new patterns
95f1b88 Make mask_password case insensitive, and add new patterns
254d8e6 Mask encryption_key_id
067f9ae OpenDev Migration Patch
156fd16 import zuul job settings from project-config
ec018a4 Update UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE for stable/rocky
c0e2184 Update .gitreview for stable/rocky

Diffstat (except docs and test files)

.gitreview                                         |  5 +-
.zuul.yaml                                         |  8 ++++
oslo_utils/strutils.py                             | 43 ++++++++++-------
.../mask-dict-passwords-99357ffb7972fb0b.yaml      |  9 ++++
.../mask-password-patterns-f41524069b8ae488.yaml   |  8 ++++
tox.ini                                            |  2 +-