[release-announce] oslo.privsep 1.33.3 (train)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Thu Sep 12 16:47:39 UTC 2019

We are happy to announce the release of:

oslo.privsep 1.33.3: OpenStack library for privilege separation

This release is part of the train release series.

The source is available from:

    https://opendev.org/openstack/oslo.privsep

Download the package from:

    https://pypi.org/project/oslo.privsep

Please report issues through:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.privsep/+bugs

For more details, please see below.

1.33.3
^^^^^^

Bug Fixes

* When the privsep helper dies, the client side PrivContext now
  restarts the client channel and the helper so that privileged
  commands can continue to be processed. See bug 1715374 for details.
  In conjunction with the fix for bug 1794708 in oslo.service, the
  nova-compute service now behaves correctly when  it receives
  "SIGHUP".

  Note: This only works for the "ROOTWRAP" method of starting the
    daemon. With the "FORK" method we've dropped privileges and no
    longer have the ability to restart the daemon in privileged mode.

   (https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1715374)
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.service/+bug/1794708)

Changes in oslo.privsep 1.33.2..1.33.3

ddde706 Reno for SIGHUP fix

Diffstat (except docs and test files)

.../auto-restart-client-channel-619545294557bf2b.yaml     | 15 +++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 15 insertions(+)