[release-announce] os-brick 2.5.8 (rocky)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Thu Jul 11 09:49:38 UTC 2019

We are ecstatic to announce the release of:

os-brick 2.5.8: OpenStack Cinder brick library for managing local
volume attaches

This release is part of the rocky stable release series.

The source is available from:

    https://opendev.org/openstack/os-brick

Download the package from:

    https://pypi.org/project/os-brick

Please report issues through:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/os-brick/+bugs

For more details, please see below.

2.5.8
^^^^^

Bug Fixes

* Always check if we are dealing with a single WWNN Fibre Channel
  target, even when we receive an initiator_target_map. This allows us
  to exclude unconnected HBAs from our scan for storage arrays that
  automatically connect all target ports (due to their architecture
  and design) even if the Cinder driver returns the
  initiator_target_map, provided the target has a single WWNN.
  Excluding these HBAs prevents undesired volumes from being
  connected.

Changes in os-brick 2.5.7..2.5.8

64cbaae FC: Ignore some HBAs from map for single WWNN
21a2266 Improve iSCSI device detection speed
ab5d9a1 OpenDev Migration Patch

Diffstat (except docs and test files)

.gitreview                                         |  2 +-
os_brick/initiator/connectors/iscsi.py             | 26 +++++---
os_brick/initiator/linuxfc.py                      | 42 ++++++-------
...-always-check-single-wwnn-1595689da0eb673b.yaml | 10 +++