[release-announce] [oslo] oslo.messaging 5.17.3 (ocata)

no-reply at openstack.org no-reply at openstack.org
Thu Dec 21 22:58:48 UTC 2017

We are satisfied to announce the release of:

oslo.messaging 5.17.3: Oslo Messaging API

This release is part of the ocata release series.

The source is available from:

    http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo.messaging

Download the package from:

    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/oslo.messaging

Please report issues through launchpad:

    http://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging

For more details, please see below.

5.17.3
^^^^^^

Other Notes

* On rabbitmq, in the past, acknownlegement of messages was done
  within the application callback thread/greenlet. This thread was
  blocked until the message was ack. In newton, we rewrote the message
  acknownlegement to ensure we haven't two threads writting the the
  socket at the same times. Now all pendings ack are done by the main
  thread. They are no more reason to block the application callback
  thread until the message is ack. Other driver already release the
  application callback threads before the message is acknownleged.
  This is also the case for rabbitmq, now.

Changes in oslo.messaging 5.17.2..5.17.3

e1ac7f8 rabbitmq: don't wait for message ack/requeue
761f4fc Fix notification tests not unmocking logging

Diffstat (except docs and test files)

oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py              | 20 +++------------
.../rabbit-no-wait-for-ack-9e5de3e1320d7660.yaml   | 12 +++++++++