[Product] Summit Session Submission - BOF OpenStack "Business" Strategy

Kenny Johnston kencjohnston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:33:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Barrett, Carol L <
carol.l.barrett at intel.com> wrote:

> Kenny - Great idea, thanks for taking the lead. I like the idea of a
> brainstorm session too. What are you trying to differentiate by using the
> term Business strategy?

Business as opposed to Technical strategy, which I feel is pretty well
covered by the TC. I can only seem to find one reference[1] to a yet unseen
"5 Year Strategy" document from the Foundation/Board.

Would the vision for a self-managing, self-configuring cloud fit within
> this?

I think any vision that would see us fulfilling the OpenStack mission would
be up for consideration in the brainstorm. I'm really striving to not bring
any pre-conceived ideas. Start with the mission and lay of the land and
work forward.

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/3Mar2015BoardMinutes

> Thanks