[Product] FW: [openstack-dev] Avoiding regression in project governance

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Wed Mar 18 21:01:49 UTC 2015

After reading this thread and etherpad and other places I have big concern about tagging.

MY expectation that some small set of tags will be define that will help define "release bundles".

Each of bundle  is targeted toward broad use case and ensure that its component versions work together with certain level of maturity and stability.

But more I read the more I see that tags are just generic tagging facility with poor to none definition of the tag, no consistency how the same tag used

by different people and by different WG.

This will create even more confusion than we have now for releases.

At least now everybody knows what it is even though it does not provide some of the information we and others want about the release.

Is there a defined process how TAGs are defined?

I feel that TAG is very powerful and flexible mechanism but need to be very careful handled to bring clarity and not more confusion.

Creating a couple of dimensions and then tags for different categories within them feel like a good starting point.

Thanks,

Arkady