[Product] [OpenStack][Product Work Group]

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Mon Jun 1 19:05:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Haselmaier, James <James.Haselmaier at emc.com>
wrote:

> My $.02:  I think we need to continuously remind people of the message
> that, while we¹re trying to bring the voice of customers/operators into
> the planning process, we are NOT looking to implement any sort of effort
> to control or dictate development decisions or final decisions as to what
> makes it into the software or not.  That governance/voting/PTL process
> that has existed and is in place today is not being changed.  And that the
> Product WG¹s expectation is that we will work very closely with the
> project teams to ensure this input is well understood.
>
> Jim

These are all valid and good points Jim. I'm also wondering if the Product
group has updated their "Roadmap" slides since the last time they've spoken
to the PTLs. That was 6 months ago, which is a veritable lifetime in
OpenStack. I'd hate for outdated information to be relayed through these
types of channels. Along these lines, does the product group have a plan to
keep the roadmap information updated and current?

Thanks,
Kyle