[Product] Breakout Session Proposal for A Glimpse of the OpenStack Roadmap

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Tue Jul 14 12:38:28 UTC 2015

Suggest we strengthen last paragraph:

In this session a glimpse into upcoming capabilities of OpenStack stack as the whole across multiple releases that augment and unify individual project roadmaps. Let your voice be heard. Come and learn how your input shape the planning process used by the projects themselves, the OpenStack style.

Cheers,
rkady

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Blemings [mailto:hugh at blemings.org]
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 11:24 PM
To: Barrett, Carol L; product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Product] Breakout Session Proposal for A Glimpse of the OpenStack Roadmap

Hi Carol, All,

On 14/07/2015 2:35, Barrett, Carol L wrote:
> Team - I took the AR in last week's meeting to draft the Tokyo Session
> proposal on the Roadmap Overview. I'd appreciate if you'd look it over
> and help it better and more impactful!! Thanks Carol

Thanks for doing this! :)

Suggest the following tweaks;

Title: Let's talk Roadmaps - OpenStack Style

The OpenStack Tent is big and as an OpenStack Operator, Vendor or Contributor it can be a challenge to know what's going on in each ring.
Help is on the way! The OpenStack Product Work Group strives to work across our community to draft, from conversations with PTLs and other contributors, a condensed, simplified set of roadmaps of the capabilities you can expect in the upcoming project releases.

In this session we'll present our findings across the different projects in an effort to give users a glimpse into OpenStack's upcoming capabilities. We'll also discuss how we hope to assist in the process of bringing the voice of your customers and all users into the planning process used by the projects themselves.

Essentially I'm seeking to shift the language slightly so it's clear to a casual reader that we are gathering requirements rather than setting them at this stage.

I'm sure it can be said better than what I've put above, but perhaps a starting point :)

Cheers,
Hugh