[Product] [OpenStack][Product Work Group] User Story Prioritization, PTL Socialization Proposal and Design Summit Prep Proposal

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Thu Jul 2 21:48:42 UTC 2015

Team - I took the AR in our last team meeting to send out the user story prioritization criteria and approach to socializing with PTLS that we discussed, to get more feedback to shape the proposal. I have also take a swag at the next steps after we get agreement from the PTLs on the top priority user-stories.

We discussed 3 criteria for prioritizing user stories:
o       Cross Project User Stories (requiring BPs in multiple projects)
o       Address needs of multiple market-segments (Enterprise, HPC, Telco, etc)
o       Can be implemented in M-development cycle (I have some reservations about this one, in that this may cause us to select less impactful user stories)

When all of the user stories are posted to the Repo, so that people can review and comment on them, we'll create a score sheet (posted to the repo too?) where each user-story will be scored against the above criteria. When the review/comment period is over, we'll review the outcome of this in a team meeting and select the top 3-5 user stories & Themes that we want to use for the M-design summit pilot. Ideally, we will have a volunteer to lead the analysis and design summit prep activity for each of the select user stories at this time.

Once we have the prioritized list and our top 3-5 identified, we will review the entire list with the PTLs in the cross-project team meeting to get their feedback, and adjust priorities as needed to finalize an agreed upon set with the PTLs.

Next this team will need to determine what CPLs we want to establish and recruit volunteers. From there, the User Story owner will work with the CPLs and others to analyze the user story, identify gaps, develop BPs and develop an implementation tracker.

Pls send your thoughts to improve the approach to this ML and we can discuss/finalize (hopefully) in our next team meeting.
Thanks
Carol