[Product] OpenStack Mission Statement

Shamail itzshamail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 02:41:45 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

It was a pleasure meeting a lot of you in-person earlier this week!  I wanted to expand on a topic that Sean briefly touched on in his day 2 blog post...

Listening to the PTLs, documenting their vision, and aggregating/sharing this data with the community at large is the perfect starting point for the overall group.

As far as theme identification and initial use-cases are concerned, how about we pick something that is already given to us as an objective?

The OpenStack Open Source Cloud Mission: to produce the ubiquitous Open Source Cloud Computing platform that will meet the needs of public and private clouds regardless of size, by being simple to implement and massively scalable.

I think it would be great for the platform if we can help enable/improve on the themes ("ilities") already mentioned in the OpenStack mission statement.  These are fairly common customer pain points as well.

Anyways, it's just an idea that I wanted to share on the list since a majority of the group had already left by the time this conversation happened (e.g. after the mid-cycle had officially wrapped up).

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Shamail
t: @ShamailXD