[Product] Report from Nova team sprint

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Jan 29 18:25:18 UTC 2015

Ed Leave wrote a good summary of Nova priorities for this cycle:

http://blog.leafe.com/openstack-nova-mid-cycle-meetup-day-1/

        [as] Nova team, we set out several things as the priorities that
        we would be focusing on: the next generation of the Cells design
        (cells v2); the continued development of Nova Objects; cleaning
        up the interface between the Scheduler and Nova so that
        scheduler may eventually be split out; the v2.1 API
        (microversions); functional testing; nova-network migration; no
        downtime upgrades; as well as working on the number of bugs we
        have, and improving our testing infrastructure.

Since we talked about the lack of clarity in communication of
priorities, to me his post is an example of how developers *know* what
needs to be done but that's not effectively communicated.

I look forward to the results from the conversations with the PTLs.

/stef