[Product] Updated info and assignments for socialization project

Mike Cohen cohen at noironetworks.com
Wed Jan 28 01:38:40 UTC 2015

For the subgroup that volunteered to work on our socialization project,
I've updated the etherpad in the breakouts section.  I've pasted the
content below as well.

This includes the assignments people signed up as well.

*ocialization Effort*

The goal of this effort is to LISTEN to the leadership of all the core
OpenStack projects and understand their plans and priorities over the next
year.   Then we will present what we have learned at the Summit as a means
of documenting and communicating where we are as a project and where we are
going.

Plan:
     - We will approach all core project PTLs and introduce what we are
doing and ask a set of questions.  This should be done over IRC, either
directly or potentially in a project meeting.
     - We will present the findings at the next OpenStack summit (assuming
we get useful feedback).

*Introduction for PTLs*

As one of the first goals of the product WG, we are trying to give
OpenStack users a view into the goals and priorities of all OpenStack
projects.  Our goal is to help communicate where we are as a project to our
broad userbase and help minimize the questions coming into the projects /
PTLs.

Questions to ask:
    1. What are you delivering for Kilo?
    2. What do you plan on delivering for L cycle? (we understand
confidence is lower with time).
    3. What do you plan on delivering for M cycle? (we understand
confidence is lower with time).
    4. How can the product WG help?

 Assignments:
     Nova - Steve
     Neutron - Raul
     Cinder - Naren
     Glance - Brian
     Keystone - Naren
     Heat - MikeC
     Oslo - MikeC
     SWift - Sean
     Trove - Sean
     Ceilomter - Malini
     Horizon - Malini
     Ironic - Scott
     Infra - Stefano
     Doc- Steve
     QA - Scott
     TripleO - Sean
     Release - Stefano
     Sahara - Malini

     We are trying to gather the initial cut of data by Feb 6th.