[Product] [product] outstanding action

Shamail itzshamail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:33:15 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I vote yes on using IRC for our weekly meeting but agree that using other means (i.e. conference calls, web-based meetings, etc.) is okay for sub-team meetings and for discussing specific topics.

Our roadmap sub-team used google hangout exclusively during the last refresh and that worked pretty well.  I like the suggestion that Duncan made about posting the discussions on a YouTube channel...  I will go ahead and create a YouTube channel for the ProductWG to post our meetings too (e.g. upcoming mid-cycle, roadmap refresh) for anyone that is interested.  I'll share more details on this soon with the team.  We can switch from Google Hangouts to On-Air Hangouts and the video will get posted automatically in that scenario.

Lastly, we had tried to conduct a vote on the IRC vs. IRC+Phone topic at our 11/23 team meeting[1]. The actual vote didn't register but I have included how people voted below (just in case we don't hear from others via ML):

Yes = IRC only for weekly meeting and IRC/Call/Web/* for sub-team meetings
No = IRC + Conference call for weekly meeting and IRC/Call/Web/* for sub-team meetings

<kencjohnston> #vote yes
<KrishR> #vote yes
<sgordon> #vote yes
<hughhalf> #vote yes
<pchadwick> #vote no
<leong> #vote no
<dpk_> #vote no
<Arkady_Kanevsky> #vote no
<MeganR> #vote no

Three of these people have already voted on the ML (Kenny, Hugh, and Steve), there are 6 additional votes in this meeting log: 1 yes and 5 no.

The total count so far:
7 yes
Carol, Hugh, Kenny, Krish, Sean, Shamail, Steve
5 no
Arkady, DP, Leong, Megan, Pete

(Please let us know if I miscounted anyone's vote)

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/product_working_group/2015/product_working_group.2015-11-23-21.01.log.html
Thanks,
Shamail