[Product] Second Session at Vancouver [Discussion Today]

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:04:57 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

We have been actively working on the content for the first session [Glimpse
At The Roadmap] but we have not had any discussions about the second
session yet [State of Product Management].  The original idea when these
sessions were submitted was to cover our groups charter and overall
progress in one session and leverage the other session to share what we
have learned so far [share PTL feedback].  The way we have been building
the first session [Glimpse At The Roadmap] partially covers both of these
topics.  I have added an agenda item for us to discuss how we should
leverage the second session since we are lucky enough to have two sessions
at the summit.

Here are some options that I put together, please feel free to suggest
others:

*Option 1)* Stick with the original plan and divide the content being
created for the first session into two separate presentations (one for
discussing the group itself and the other for discussing the feedback from
PTLs and next steps)
Additional comment: The group currently is planning to include PTL feedback
but skim over details since the slides will be made available after the
summit and people could read the detailed items themselves at a later
point.  Secondly, we didn't want to summarize/paraphrase PTL content too
much since it could seem like we are putting words into their mouth.

*Option 2)* Keep the first session as its being built and use this second
session to get community advocates to give their views on the state of
Product Management (PTLs, maybe Tim Bell on behalf of the user committee,
Carol on behalf of enterprise, someone on behalf of operators, etc.).  The
second session essentially becomes a panel with discussion on how the
Product WH charter could help solve community challenges.

*Option 3)* Use the second session to build a relationship between our
initiative and the cross-project team to show how both solve for different
levels or types of a common issue (e.g. both might deliver cross project
items but one is tracking cross-project issues and optimization while the
other is identifying user stories/epic that, potentially; require
cross-project collaboration).  This session effectively becomes the how
will work with cross-project to be successful with our charter and help
them be successful with theirs too.

Shamail Tahir
Cloud Architect, EMC
t: @ShamailXD