[Product] [Product Work Group] Today's Meeting Agenda

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Wed Apr 15 16:50:05 UTC 2015

Hi All - We're on for our team meeting via IRC today at 4:00PM Pacific. Here's the agenda we discussed in our last team meeting:
Review Socialization Status and Next Steps: Ceilometer, Trove, Nova
Review the Summit slides & Decide if we want to schedule a voice call to finalize plans and content
        Product Work group plans
        Cross-community work group plans (ie. Win The enterprise, Telco, etc)
              Coverage of Ops Summit and Use Case translation
Revisit meeting day/time if attendance is lower than desired - Doodle?
Define next steps for reviewing Charter, Process with PTLs at Cross Project meeting

Discuss Nova PTL comments on what the Product WG can do to help (I think these comments are at the heart of our challenge):
      We implement the features developers are willing to work on. Given 100% of our developers are donated, effectively we implement the things that are important to Nova from a reliability perspective, and features that donor companies need / want. That means that we've never really had a long term road map process, and even if we did I can't force people to actually implement those things. I'd be interested in ideas of how to fix that. Does the foundation intend to fund devs to work on road map features? Or do we have other companies willing to donate devs to get those things done?"

You can find the etherpad with all of the PTL discussion notes here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-product-management-socialization
You can find a slide draft of the roadmap here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1t2sGwzybC0CgaJtwI4C26mhMCdC5nimhshxq5WqUaDY/edit?usp=sharing
You can find a spreadsheet draft of the roadmap here: Can someone add this link?

Pls reply with other items you would like to cover in today's meeting.
Thanks
Carol