[Product] [Product-wg] Welcome to the Product group

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Wed Oct 8 22:39:33 UTC 2014

Group,

I am Arkady Kanevsky, Dell, engineering development director, responsible for OpenStack solutions. Passionate about ease of use and Customer experience.
Have Ph.D. from UIUC and background in storage, cloud, virtualization, HPC, and a few others.

See you all in Paris,
Arkady

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Maffulli [mailto:stefano at openstack.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:58 AM
To: product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Product-wg] Welcome to the Product group

Hello all and welcome,

This mailing list is to form a working group of product managers, line managers and other 'influencers' of products based on OpenStack.

There have been discussions in the past weeks about the "hidden influencers"[1], there was a recent call by Randy Bias to identify people, functions, groups, anything who can own the product OpenStack[2]. The time is ripe to get to know who directly control the engineers' priorities and complete the circle of end users, operators, product owners, developers.

We have a time and place to meet people whose job is to decide what OpenStack means for their company. The OpenStack Foundation has offered a room to meet in Paris on Monday, November 3rd, in the afternoon:
please add the meeting to your schedule.

http://openstacksummitnovember2014paris.sched.org/event/268a9853812c22ca8d0636b9d8f0c831#.VDMxjSldVRg

The room is available for 4 hours, but of course we can use for less time if needed. It makes sense to start hacking some of the topics in the next weeks, before Paris. The agenda is open for topic proposals on

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/paris-product-meeting

Please introduce yourself briefly to this list, too.

Stefano Maffulli, working at the OpenStack Foundation as community manager, focusing on the open source collaboration upstream. Past experience as product manager make me passionate about finding a way to help this community become even more successful at getting recognition and influence OpenStack roadmap.

Hope to meet you in Paris. Meanwhile, please spread the word among your peers and colleagues.

Regards,
Stef

[1] http://robhirschfeld.com/2014/07/01/hidden-influencers/
[2]