[Product-wg] Welcome to the Product group

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Oct 7 15:57:57 UTC 2014

Hello all and welcome,

This mailing list is to form a working group of product managers, line
managers and other 'influencers' of products based on OpenStack.

There have been discussions in the past weeks about the "hidden
influencers"[1], there was a recent call by Randy Bias to identify
people, functions, groups, anything who can own the product
OpenStack[2]. The time is ripe to get to know who directly control the
engineers’ priorities and complete the circle of end users, operators,
product owners, developers.

We have a time and place to meet people whose job is to decide what
OpenStack means for their company. The OpenStack Foundation has offered
a room to meet in Paris on Monday, November 3rd, in the afternoon:
please add the meeting to your schedule.

http://openstacksummitnovember2014paris.sched.org/event/268a9853812c22ca8d0636b9d8f0c831#.VDMxjSldVRg

The room is available for 4 hours, but of course we can use for less
time if needed. It makes sense to start hacking some of the topics in
the next weeks, before Paris. The agenda is open for topic proposals on

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/paris-product-meeting

Please introduce yourself briefly to this list, too.

Stefano Maffulli, working at the OpenStack Foundation as community
manager, focusing on the open source collaboration upstream. Past
experience as product manager make me passionate about finding a way to
help this community become even more successful at getting recognition
and influence OpenStack roadmap.

Hope to meet you in Paris. Meanwhile, please spread the word among your
peers and colleagues.

Regards,
Stef

[1] http://robhirschfeld.com/2014/07/01/hidden-influencers/