[Product] Tap as a service [telco] [nfv] [neutron]

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Dec 23 23:02:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-23 at 11:38 -0500, Steve Gordon wrote:
> From the comments it seems that there is still a lot of
> concern/confusion around the Neutron services split out and also the
> broader changes to governance currently being proposed/implemented.

Yes, there are still issues that need to be communicated. I still have
to find the mental clarity to write a blog post ... hopefully between
now and the end of the year I or someone else will get started..

> Reading the comments I *think* the prevailing concern of the
> submitters  is "if we submit this as a separate service, how will it
> end up in the OpenStack release...whatever shape that may take".
> Ultimately for the functionality to be useful to the types of
> applications that would use it they would I expect want it to be
> common to most (all?) OpenStack distributions.

That's what I would like to see from this group:

     I. do you care about this functionality? If the answer is yes,
    II. do you agree with the specifications (that is, do you agree with
        the technical implementation as proposed by Ericsson?) If both
        answers are yes,
   III. have you contacted the team at Ericsson to offer help? If any
        answer to I and II is no,
    IV. do you have an alternative proposal to discuss with other
        groups?

Does that make sense?

/stef