[Product] An "Operations Project" and the questions it raises.

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Wed Dec 10 15:02:32 UTC 2014

How about using https://www.openstack.org/user-survey/Deployments as the starting point?
Would be great to measure the time/effort to deploy openstack solution to get into "ready to use" state?
Arkady

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Hirschfeld [mailto:rob at zehicle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:05 AM
To: Roland Chan; Michael Krotscheck
Cc: product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Product] An "Operations Project" and the questions it raises.

Roland,

These are good suggestions.  Is there a small starting place that we could get started on?  I'm very focused on getting the small steps rolling because I think that having this group communicating regularly and working together addresses the critical gap and make it possible to tackle the larger issues over time.

Thanks,

Rob

On 12/10/2014 06:08 AM, Roland Chan wrote:
> I don't know for certain. Metrics from the delivery process are great,
> but we also need good quantifiable customer feedback.
>
>  From the technical side, I would to see full lifestyle information at
> a feature level: metrics related to the quality of the delivery
> process and also post-release metrics. That is how many post release
> problems did a particular feature/blueprint/<insert other grouping
> below project level> create? Hard perhaps, but worthwhile if we're
> going to improve the customer/operator experience.
>
>  From the non technical side, I'd love to be able to track customer
> satisfaction. Can't think how though, given the nature of the
> distribution channels for OpenStack.
>
> Roland
> On 9 Dec 2014 06:54, "Michael Krotscheck" <krotscheck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What do you want to measure? I'm building OpenStack's project and
>> task tracking system, knowing what y'all want to report on would be
>> quite helpful. Resource that can actually flesh out our reporting
>> engine would be even more helpful :)
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Sun Dec 07 2014 at 11:38:38 PM Roland Chan <roland at aptira.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What we measure is an interesting question.

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld, 512-773-7522

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time
http://robhirschfeld.com