[Openstack] Create a PNDA on openstack

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Sep 26 13:06:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

to be honest, I think if you are supposed to work with PNDA and
OpenStack is your platform, you should at least get an overview what
components it has and what they are for. No example or screenshot will
help you understand how those components interact.
The PNDA pages mention OpenStack Mitaka, so you should study the
respective docs [1]. Different guides for installation, operations and
administration are available for different platforms (Ubuntu,
openSUSE/SLES and RedHat/CentOS), pick the one suitable for your
environment and understand the basics (creating tenants and users,
neutron networking, nova compute etc.).

In addition to the mandatory services (neutron, nova, glance, cinder)
you'll need Swift (object storage) and Heat (orchestration).
Maybe you already get an idea, this is not covered with "send me a
screenshot". ;-)
Another mandatory requirement is a basic understanding of the command
line interface (CLI), this enables you to access and manage your
openstack cloud.

A quick search will also reveal some tutorials or videos [3] about the
basic concepts.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/