[Openstack] query

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Mon May 21 01:37:03 UTC 2018

Check for other errors or warnings further up in the log file.

Check the Cinder API log for clues why Cinder API doesn't start. If your
DevStack is a recent version, the command journalctl -u devstack at c-api
is likely to show you the log. You may also have a c-api log file,
usually under /opt/stack/logs.

By the way, if you want my recommendation: DevStack was created for
developers and for automatic integration testing. It is not a good tool
for a quick start into OpenStack. /Packstack /(only on RHEL or Centos,
unfortunately) is a bit better for newbies, but you learn infinitely
more by first following the installation tutorials and trying to
understand each step. This will give you are reasonable foundation on
which you can build by, for example, setting up DevStack-based clouds.