[Openstack] First Ceph storage planning advice

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:19:02 UTC 2018

Folks,

I am building 15 node openstack private cloud for beginning, so i am
planning to build Ceph storage for nova block storage so all VM will
run on Central storage and provide failover for vm instances.

This is what i have in my inventory and i want to build my first ceph
storage, i need some suggestion form you guys how should i plan to
build best storage for my openstack cloud?

5 Server (DL360 G8 - CPU core 32 / 32GB mem / 2x10GE NIC)
16 500GB SSD (samsung)
16 1TB SATA (7.5k RPMS)