[Openstack] Compute node on bare metal?

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:34:01 UTC 2018

They are probably thinking of Vmware ESXi, which is both an operating
system kernel, named vmkernel, and a hypervisor.

OpenStack is not a hypervisor. It /uses /hypervisors to manage virtual
machines. Furthermore, OpenStack is written in Python, so that, as a
minimum, your "baremetal" would have to be able to run Python code.