[Openstack] Openstack-ansible ceph storage question

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:50:33 UTC 2018

I am have build 15 node openstack cluster and now I have 5 node for ceph storage they all are HP DL360p G8  which has 10 HDD tray.

Now for ceph minimum requirement is to have 3 monitor node, I have 5 ceph node then it would be little tight if I give 3 node for monitor and 2 for OSD.

I was thinking can we use 3 infra* node for monitor from openstack-ansible?

How much risk is there to use ceph mon node on infra node and how much memory cpu monitor node need ?

Sent from my iPhone