[Openstack] DNS integration

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sun Jul 1 15:37:09 UTC 2018

Satish Patel writes:
> Is there a way to tell openstack when you launch instance add them in
> external DNS using some kind of api call?

Yes, this is supported using external DNS integration.  See e.g.

https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-dns-int-ext-serv.html

for configuration examples.

> We are using extarnal pDSN (power DNS) and wants my VM get register
> itself as soon as we launch them, is it possible by neutron or we
> should use cloud-init?

Designate supports pDNS as a back-end, but I have only tested
configurations where Designate has full control over the primary
nameserver (BIND9 in my case, though as I said pDNS should work too).
--
Simon.