[Openstack] Ocata Update libvirtd Error

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Mon Oct 9 13:06:26 UTC 2017

 Hello,

 I think I have identified what the issue is. The problem is with images
 that have the property "hw_disk_bus='scsi'" enabled and are trying to
 boot or launch either with ephemeral disk or swap or both of them
 together.

 In order to reproduce the problem one can do the following.

 Download the cirros image and upload it to Glance two times (let's
 assume cirros-SCSI and cirros-VD)
 Add the "hw_disk_bus='scsi'" property to the cirros-SCSI image.

 Have a few flavors with the same CPU, RAM and root disk options and
 change only ephemeral and swap or both options.

 Try to launch instances using cirros-VD with any combinations of
 ephemeral or swap or both ---> No problem at all.

 Try to launch instances using cirros-SCSI ---> All combinations that
 have either ephemeral disk or swap disk or both of them at the same time
 produce the error: "libvirtError: unsupported configuration: Found
 duplicate drive address for disk with target name 'sda' controller='0'
 bus='0' target='0' unit='0'"

 The only instance that can be launched successfully when having the
 "hw_disk_bus='scsi'" property enabled on the image is one with a flavor
 without ephemeral disk and without swap.

 Has anyone else encountered this? Could it be considered a bug? Any
 ideas on how to solve it are mostly welcome.

 Best regards,

 G.