[Openstack] Devstack -Ocata - Failed to launch instance on Host

Brian Haley haleyb.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 16:50:35 UTC 2017

On 11/27/2017 10:24 AM, Ramu, MohanX wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Not bale to launch an instance on Compute Node. instead of it, instance
> is trying to launch on the same controller.
>
> The added compute node is not there in resource provider table.
>
> Could you please help us what we missed.
>
> Is placement API not configured on compute node side and Is there
> Placement API configurations coming by default along with basic Devstack
> set up?

There is a section on multinode setup in the devstack repo,
doc/source/guides/multinode-lab.rst, that I think covers the issue
you're seeing.  Assuming your compute node shows up in  'nova
service-list' output, you need to run ./tools/discover_hosts.sh to have
a cell mapping added for the node.

-Brian