[Openstack] Traits for filter

Ramu, MohanX mohanx.ramu at intel.com
Thu Nov 16 05:06:50 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have a use case that I  need to apply some filter (Custom traits) while Placement API fetch the resource providers for launching instance.

So that I can have list of resource provided which meets my condition/filter/validation. The validation is nothing but trust about the Host(compute node) where I am going to launch the instances.

The below link says that it is possible, don't have idea how to implement/test this scenario.

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/ocata/implemented/resource-providers-scheduler-db-filters.html

we would rather make a HTTP call to the placement API on a specific REST resource with a request that would return the list of resource providers' UUIDs that would match requested resources and traits criterias based on the original RequestSpec object.

Thanks  & Regards,

Mohan Ramu