[Openstack] How to utilize Neutron independently with veths

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Fri May 12 02:45:31 UTC 2017

You want to look in neutron.agent.linux.interface to see how things are
plugged into OVS. That's the module used by the L3 agent to plug into
OVS/linux bridge/etc.

There is a well defined interface name format corresponding to the port ID
and the port ID, Mac address, and a couple of other things I can't recall
are set in ovsdb to help the agent identify the port as something it should
care about.