[Openstack] virtio-blk vs virtio-scsi performance

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Fri Mar 31 15:32:37 UTC 2017

That sounds about right. There was some prior discussion about this on the
openstack-operators group with similar results.

We use virtio-scsi in one of our clouds because testing (and production)
has shown that volumes attached via virtio-scsi are better able to
participate in mdadm and zfs. For that particular cloud, that's worth the
performance loss.