[Openstack] [openstack-dev] questions about Openstack Ocata replacement API

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Sun Mar 19 11:03:08 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017, zhihao wang wrote:

> I am trying the new version openstack ocata in Ubuntu 1604
>
> But I got some problem with nova placement API, there is nothing on the Openstack Ubuntu Installation Doc

The docs for that are being updated to include the necessary
information. If you at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/438328/
you'll see the new information there. A rendered version will be at
http://docs-draft.openstack.org/28/438328/12/check/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publish-checkbuild/846ac33//publish-docs/draft/install-guide-ubuntu/nova.html

> I already have the endpoint, but it always said there is no placement API endpoint  , please see below

As one of the responses on ask.openstack says, depending on which
version of the packages you have you may need to add to your apache2
config something like:

     <Directory /usr/local/bin>
      Require all granted
     </Directory>

I believe this has been resolved in newer versions of the packaging.

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/