[Openstack] What's 'mysql_secure_installation' in mitaka installation docs?

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 09:07:58 UTC 2017

this is what comes as an added advantage after you have installed MySql
server.

normally it secures your mysql environment by disabling or enabling remote
root users login , removing test database from mysql , removes any orphaned
databases or tables or users and also standardise your root password for
mysql.

all these steps mentioned above can also be done from within the mysql
console, but require more administrative knowledge on mysql.