[Openstack] [Heat] Dynamically create OS::Nova:Server "networks" property

Lars-Erik Helander lars-erik.helander at proceranetworks.com
Tue Mar 7 14:34:37 UTC 2017

I have tried in numerous ways to compose a proper value for the “networks” property of OS::Nova::Server but with no success.

Basically I have two “inputs” that together shall result in the complete networks lists, e.g.

    List1 : “[{port: foo1}, {port: foo2}]”
    List2 : “[{network: foo3}, {port: foo4}, network: foo5}]”

Should be combined into a networks specification that is similar to this:

   type: OS::Nova::Server
   properties:
      networks:

-          port: foo1

-          port: foo2

-          network: foo3

-          port: foo4

-          network: foo5

I have tried the repeat intrinsic function but have not found any working syntax.

List input should be both from an input parameter and/or from an output attribute of some resource.

Any help is highly appreciated.