[Openstack] Trove is skipped in Newton

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 15:04:37 UTC 2017

[Amrith Kumar] 37% by lines of code, 26% by commits, but who's counting?

> So, if you as a major contributor of Trove and you don't want to write
> documentations, why don't you opensource the book? (Openstack Trove)
> and make life easer for operators ?

[Amrith Kumar] Apart from being factually incorrect, your comment is quite funny. All of the documentation for Trove was contributed by members of the Trove community, many from Tesora but also HP, Rackspace, EBay, IBM, RedHat, SUSE, Cisco, Mirantis, and a lot of other independent contributors, may of who are also from deployers of Trove. This includes the documentation now available on how to build guest images. Making the book open source or free on the internet won't make life easier. Like the suggestions and ideas I gave you on IRC, they are just recommendations. The book is, for all intents and purposes, free for anyone who asks nicely.

> According to the information I found on the openstack repositories I can tell
> exactly that it's absolutely impossible to build an image and get trove-
> guestagent up and running in Newton for now.
>
> That's why I made the thread and asked for help.

And I'll provide you the exact same recommendations that I have already provided in IRC, on 3/1 I believe. That suggestion was this ...

https://www.tesora.com/6-tips-for-getting-started-with-openstack-trove/

-amrith