[Openstack] Trove is skipped in Newton

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:09:44 UTC 2017

[Amrith Kumar] This appears to be more of a question for the Ubuntu
distribution maintainers than for the Trove project.

> As for the Xenial release, here is a bug where Amrith Kumar (CTO Tesora)
> says there is no support for Newton also -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1652312 (Should be in Ocata only)

[Amrith Kumar] This was specific to the MySQL support and as the comment in
the bug says, "fwiw, xenial support for mysql does exist in master (soon
Ocata)."

> For me, it looks like Tesora just skipped Newton, did they?

[Amrith Kumar] No, but you should distinguish between Tesora and Trove. FYI,
my response is only as a contributor to Trove, I do not speak for Tesora. As
with next comment, I don't see what Tesora has to do with this if you aren't
using their software.

> I'm asking here because there is no way to get any answers from Tesora and
> Co.

[Amrith Kumar] I don't quite understand where Tesora got involved in this
but I'll assume that you are their customer and you know how to get support.
If not, then I don't see what you'd like them to do for you. If you are
attempting to use packages from the Ubuntu Cloud Archive (as you say you
are), it doesn't strike me that you are a Tesora customer.