[Openstack] Problem while adding a security group to a VM in newly deployed system

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:13:21 UTC 2017

Hi OpenStack Community,
 I am having a problem in a newly deployed OpenStack environment. Whenever
I try to add a security group to a VM, I get the following message:

> “Port security must be enabled and port must have an IP address in order
> to use security groups. Neutron server returns request_ids:”.

I checked the file: /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini, on both
controller and nova compute, and they both seem ok. The security group
configuration is the following:

> [securitygroup]
> firewall_driver =
> neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
> enable_security_group = True

Is there anything else I am missing?

The OpenStack version is Mitaka.

Thanks in advance for your help.