[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Keystone] Is it possible to cache ec2 credentials?

Alexandr Porunov alexandr.porunov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 23:11:25 UTC 2017

Hello,

I want to use ec2 credentials. But I don't know about it's route of
validating. Is it much slower than tokens validation?

I don't know exactly what is the route of ec2 validation but here is what I
think:
1)  Service node accept a request with ec2 credentials.
2) Service asks Keystone to check credentials.
3) Keystone search credentials in MySQL.
4) If credentials are the same as in MySQL then Keystone will return OK to
the service.

If the route is the same as I described above then the performance will be
really bad because we will go and check credentials in MySQL for each
request.

Is it possible to cache ec2 credentials on the Keystone side or on the
Service side to don't ask MySQL for each request?

Best regards,
Alexandr