[Openstack] problems extending the isntance volume

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros manuel.sb at garvan.org.au
Thu Jan 5 09:55:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I wanted to resize my instance volume from 10 to 20 Gigs following this article --> https://mcwhirter.com.au/craige/blog/2014/Resizing_a_Root_Volume_for_an_Openstack_Instance/

I can see from my the host that the LVM has the new size (20G), however when I ssh into the instance the disk space has not changed. Both df -h and fdisk -l shows a space of 10Gigs
.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Big data Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb at garvan.org.au<mailto:manuel.sb at garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.