[Openstack] [Fuel] Cannot access Fuel 10.0 UI because of unavailable Nailgun server

Dmitry Sutyagin dsutyagin at mirantis.com
Thu Feb 16 23:15:53 UTC 2017

Vincent,

I've tried on a virtual machine and the 10.0 community ISO did install
correctly for me and is functional. Looks like there's a hardware or
network issues in your setup. One thing to note though is that I always set
correct DNS server, admin gateway and admin IP during the boot menu by
pressing Tab, long before the fuelmenu. Additionally you may want to try
installing via a DVD drive (or a virtual CD-ROM via IPMI) - we had some
usb-stick related bugs in Fuel, might not have fixed all of them.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:23 AM, Vincent Jahjah <vincent_jahjah at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, thanks for the intel.
>

> Sadly, I have tried the ISO installation way, and for some reason, any
> Fuel ISO installation fails during the earliest stages. Our IBM (IBM
> x3650 M3) server seems to be the issue (Something about Dracut init
> having timedout), as on our HP server the installation seems to work
> (although the guys at IT refuse to let me use it!)
>

> Interestingly, installing on the HP server had a different kind of error,
> which appears to be either a bug in the USB-stick burning, or in the Fuel
> ISO. The error given was "Cannot fetch kickstart file from [USB-stick
> name]/ks.cfg"
>
> As it happens, the path name was wrong in the syslinux.cfg file (if I'm
> not mistaken; it was a cfg file with paths to ks.cfg). Apparently, the name
> of the USB-stick did not match, so ks.cfg could not be found. Manually changing
> the path name solved the issue.
>

> But none of that is enough to get my fuel to work...
>

> Vincent
> ------------------------------

>>> 1.iso)
>>> 2. Burn the ISO on a USB stick (in our case, using rufus-2.12.exe)
>>> 3. Set the server to boot on the USB stick and proceed to the
>>> installation
>>>     (In our case, on an IBM server)
>>> 4. Modify the following files to setup the network of CENTOS:
>>>
>>> vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-AAAX
>>>     (In our case, AAAX = eno1)
>>>
>>> DEVICE=eno1
>>> BOOTPROTO=static
>>> BROADCAST=10.12.99.255
>>> HWADDR=E4:1F:13:68:3F:28
>>> IPADDR=10.12.99.34
>>> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
>>> NETWORK=10.12.99.0
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>>
>>> vi /etc/sysconfig/network
>>>
>>> NETWORKING=yes
>>> NETWORKING_IPV6=no # this line does not appear to matter
>>> HOSTNAME=lab.uni.myuniversity.ca

--
Yours sincerely,
Dmitry Sutyagin