[Openstack] Mitaka - Unable to attach volume to VM

Andrew Boring andrew at andrewboring.com
Thu Feb 9 21:17:34 UTC 2017

Sam,

I see a VolumeNotFound in your pasted log. What does “openstack volume list” return (when using admin credentials)?
Is the volume present and created?
Are there any firewalls blocking iscsi ports on Nova or Cinder (usually port 3260)?

You can reset the Cinder volume state for testing with “cinder reset-state [ID]” if necessary, and then try to reattach.

What does “grep ERROR /var/log/cinder/volume.log” on your Cinder node return?