[Openstack] deploying openstack on Mesos

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros manuel.sb at garvan.org.au
Wed Feb 1 22:50:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I work for a Medical research company and we are currently using HPC to provide services to our user community, we realized that HPC is too strict and we need to provide a more flexible platform to our users so they can run the type of applications they need. My idea is to divide my cluster into 2 areas. 1 area for Mesos running bare-metal applications on production (physical isolated from the users) plus openstack controllers and the second area would be managed by Openstack projects (nova, Sahara, etc) so our user community can do their developments there. I know VMs/Containers provides some kind of isolation but we work with critical data and a security is a must for us so I prefer not to give the users physical access to the nodes running production staff. Also I think Mesos would give better performance compared to kubernetes as it can run application on bare-metal.

I would like to get some feedback from the community regarding my idea, what other people are doing.

Also, I would like to read documentation regarding how to deploy Openstack on Mesos (so far I have not been able to find anything with enough details).

Thank you very much

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Big data Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb at garvan.org.au<mailto:manuel.sb at garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.