[Openstack] Ubuntu - Ocata - Ceilometer / Gnocchi, docs doesn't looks consistent.

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 22:16:14 UTC 2017

Hello!

 I'm trying to install Ceilometer (with Gnocchi) on Ubuntu with Ocata Cloud
Archive, however, the following documents doesn't match each other:

 The first one, to install Ceilometer at the controller, the
ceilometer.conf, points to Gnochi, it have the "[service_credentials]"
group, it does not have the "[keystone_authtoken]" group (which is only at
the gnocchi.conf) and it uses "project_domain_name" instead of old
"project_domain_id".

 Ceilometer Controller:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/telemetry/ocata/install-base-ubuntu.html

 However, the next step, which is to configure the compute nodes, have a
very different ceilometer.conf!

 It have "auth_strategy = keystone" on its "[DEFAULT]" group. plus a
"[keystone_authtoken]" group, also, its "[service_credentials]" is
different! It uses old "project_domain_id" options, instead of new
"project_domain_name"...

 Ceilometer Compute:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/telemetry/ocata/install-compute-ubuntu.html

 I'm confused... My ceilometer-agent-compute.log is printing many LibVirt
errors and there is no data being collected.

 Some of the errors:

 ceilometer-agent-compute.log:

 ceilometer.agent.manager [-] Skip pollster disk.usage, no resources found
this cycle
 ceilometer-agent-compute: "ceilometer.agent.manager" "libvirtError"
"metadata not found"

 ceilometer-collector.log:

 ceilometer.agent.manager [-] Skip pollster disk.usage, no resources found
this cycle
 ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource
079881dd-4363-40ec-bbee-6a00ea3816f3 does not exist (HTTP 404)

 Any tips?

Thanks!
Thiago