[Openstack] Instances do not have access to internet

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Sep 28 17:23:09 UTC 2016

On Sep 28, 2016, at 5:32 PM, Imran Khakoo wrote:

> I did add this rule to default security group, that was the first thing
> before I even launched an instance.

Yeah, that should have done it.

> Egress  IPv4 Any  Any         0.0.0.0/0 -
> Egress  IPv4 ICMP Any         -         default
> Egress  IPv4 TCP   80 (HTTP)  -         default
> Egress  IPv4 TCP  443 (HTTPS) -         default
> Ingress IPv4 Any  Any         -         default
> Ingress IPv4 ICMP Any         0.0.0.0/0 -
> Ingress IPv4 TCP  22 (SSH)    0.0.0.0/0 -

What strikes me is the sixth column. It is/should be the "Remote Security Group"
column.

I'm a little unsure on how to use that, but if all those rules come from
the 'default' security group, then you'll probably end up with a loop
or something..

But because of the two Any/Any rules, you would not need the 80/443 rules.
Nor the 22 one.
--
Life sucks and then you die